Saturday, July 28, 2007

Growing up during the warm days of summer

So, all summer i have been working like a crazy person, too many hours and lots of driving from one job to another! But at the beginning of the summer I promised Marc I would take off today to take him to the Vans Warped Tour, an all day concert featuring many bands, kids of all ages, fun, and independence from Mom and Dad miles from home! At first I was not sure I wanted him to go without his big brother as chaperon, but he convinced me that he and his group of friends will be OK and safe. And then I remember my first summer concert. I was 16 or 17 and drove myself and several friends to Poplar Creek to see the Cure and several other bands we loved at the time in our lives. I remember how great it felt to be an "adult" and travel around in my car having fun... So, even though Marc is not driving himself, yet, he is getting his first taste of being a young adult... They grow up way too fast! What favorite thing did you do over the summers of your youth that made you feel "older"?

Shannon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Any time that I was allowed to take my Dad's Jeep out for a drive, I felt like a really grown up! It was a blast. We did a lot of offroading. Very cool

Ashley Hernandez said...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/smittyfamily/Layouts/momsoldier.png


awww =]