Sunday, July 15, 2007

Found Treasures



Your know that great little feeling and smile you get when you put your winter coat on for the first time, put your hands in the pocket and find a dollar? That is how I feel today. While doing some decluttering I found a roll of film, pictures taken but not yet developed. I was not sure how old it was, but I figured if it had expired that was ok, at least I had tried. So, I dropped it off on June 1st, my sister's wedding day and I was there buying more film... I know, get a digital already! Anyhow, I forgot about it till yesterday when I was cleaning out my wallet and found the receipts, then I thought, oh, I bet the store tossed them because it was more than a month ago! But they had not! And what a surprise! They are pictures of one of Jay's first drill performances from JROTC in high school. If I can get the darn things loaded I will post a few here. Anyhow, it was bittersweet, but nice to see them. And it dawned on me then, and yet again, that even though Jay just left for basic training 6 weeks ago, he really was preparing for his life then.


Enjoy!

Shannon


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! I just love little surprises like that! Happy Sunday!

Amy said...

What great shots. I too have rolls of film laying around like that. When you develop them it is like getting to relive the experience.