Monday, July 2, 2007

Direction....

Hey all! I am eagerly awaiting for Wednesday, bc it will be a day off work, a day to spend with my family, and a day to get so much needed sewing in on the QT! I have two deadlines I am working against, that are quickly closing in!!!!

SO, I am finishing those and back to UFO's! Gotta get some more of those done and actually have finished one, and almost 2 more. NEXT!!

And I will be working on a flyer to hand out about tee shirt, memory, and photo quilts to kids in camps, walkers and runners that participate in the weekend fundraisers, ect.... I am really going to get something of a schedule down for this, because I would really like to build that up.

Lastly, we have had such a great show of help for the craft donations, thanks to everyone that has help or is committed to helping. This pas weekend I spoke to a staff teacher at the school I am at and she told me the only kids who get regular art classes are 4th graders, once a month. Ughghg, how discouraging. I was never great at art, but really enjoyed it and all the ugly things I made. AND more importantly it showed me to be creative, trust in myself, and take a risk once in a while. So, the little gears in my head have been turning trying to figure out how I can help change this so that the kids can get art more frequently, especially when the district budget barely covers the education part. Any ideas? Any volunteers who have a special talent that they would like to share? Post here.

Happy Stitchin'

Shannon

P.S. The darn tablecloth is coming along....

2 comments:

Ashley Hernandez said...

happy fourth of july =]

Unknown said...

Hope you had a well-directed 4th!! :) See you next Friday!