Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mistakes in the Media...

Does TV programming count as "media"? I am guessing yes so I will proceed.

For the last few months I have been watching what has become one of my favorite shows, Army Wives on the Lifetime Network. I like the story line, characters and actors. Someone told me it is similar to Desperate Housewives (which I do not watch yet) but set on an Army base instead of Wisteria Lane. The only thing I really do not like about it is the misrepresentation they constantly give that soldiers in basic training can have visitors~ They cannot! One of the Wives has a son that has just entered basic training at Fort Benning and another Wife has a daughter that repeatedly goes to visit him, how real is that? NOT! Otherwise I would have just showed up at Fort Benning to check on my son whenever I chose. Very poor writing.

Anywho, In just a little over a week (which will pass like an eternity) we leave to go visit with Jay for a couple of days (which will go by too quickly). Please, pray for our safe travel and a good visit.

Graduation is two days of events that start on Thursday, October 11th and end on Friday, October 12th. then home he comes with us for a couple of weeks. If you need the specific info for graduation, please, e-mail me.

Bye for now....

Happy Stitchin'

Shannon

No comments: