Monday, August 27, 2007

For me....

Like most women, I put me last on the list of things to do today... and have for years. But recently my small group and I have been reading a great book by John & Stasi Elderedge called Captivating, Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul. I know, you think it is a guide for men, but it is not. And if I was a little more techno savvy, like my friend Lundie, I could embed the Amazon.com link here, but you'll just have to go look for it yourself. One of the things I noted weeks ago, was that I miss being feminine. Really I do. I long for the days when I took the time to fix my hair and make up just so and these small things made me feel pretty. Please, do not send me a deluge of e-mails or comments telling me beauty is on the inside, I already know this. But consider this, how do you feel when you get dressed up for a special occasion? And did you know that on picture days at grade schools the kids are dressed up and there is notable difference in their behavior and attitude? So, I have decided to spend more time on (drum roll, please...) ME! Now a few of you have seen me today and know that I looked the same as always, shorts, tee shirt, flip flops, hair up in scrunchy.. but the difference is I walked this morning! Two whole miles and I feel great still! While I know the walking will make me look better I have decided to walk twice a day (not 2 miles both times:-)) and this will really help me feel better on the inside and out! My friend Lundie, the techie one (as if I have two friends named Lundie), showed me where I can chart my progress and put it here on my blog page, hope it works.... but if it doesn't, I'll post.

What are you doing for YOU today?

Happy Stitchin'

Shannon

P.S. Sweater is almost done, only a few rows to go! Then back to the D#%n Tablecloth and quilting UFO's.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you!! You obviously did what you planned, I heard you were in the office the other day and that you looked great! You've inspired me. Gonna take a few for myself this holiday weekend.

Oh, and come visit me - you've been awarded!