Friday, August 31, 2007

Appealing to your market....

in what I do we really do have a market but not in the sense most people think of. When ad companies think of ads and demographics they make the ad appeal to a certain group they have in mind. In youth programs, we do too.... but it can be a little more challenging to figure out their interests as they are at an age when even they changetheir interests daily! I started thinking about this as I prepare to form the book clubs for the two middle schools I will be at this year and suddenly realized that will be my biggest challenge. Engaging young people that sometimes change and reinvents themselves regularly, sometimes more than once a day! Yikes!! :-0 So I will be spending part of my 3 day weekend, finding out what are the "hip" (they probably do not even use that word any more), new trends for teens are.... If you happen know, please, share those with me. I will be forever grateful (and may ask for your advice and help in the near future).

Keep Stitchin'

Shannon

No comments: