Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Recovery means getting

back to who I used to be, I am not sure that is the "official" meaning as found in Webster's but that was how it was described in one of my very wise books.... So that is what I am focusing on, remembering the last time I was truly filled with joy and why. Joy from the Lord, not just happiness of an event or occasion.

I remember the things I loved to do, and why, but have let other things take priority in my life and now is the time to change all that back to what is really important and learn from the experience, so I can try to avoid this happening again.

I love so many things that God has placed in my heart: serving others, especially children, creating things form materials, spending a quiet day/time reading a good book with a cup o' joe, and visiting with loved ones!

This week I made some decisions to create more joy in my life, and do these things more. I am grateful to God for never having left while I was in 'limbo' and He waiting for me to obey.

Shannon

No comments: