Sunday, December 19, 2010

Back to me and some lists to finish!

A week or so ago I had realized that part of getting back to the old me is doing the things I used to love to do, even when I do not have much time. Yesterday several of my friends of all ages came by so they could learn some new stitching skills (sewing, knitting, and crocheting) and we could just spend time together. That was the most fun I had in a while, thanks to you gals, you know who you are.

Today I finished two projects that I had recently started, it felt great to finish and I decided that this year I am not going to start any new projects until I finish all the ones already in progress and that I have the materials already purchased. And I need to try and balance the time between my sewing projects and my hand stitching projects, since I have both! I am keeping a list and I will post up dates and photos here of the finished projects. The only new projects I will start are those commissioned for pay.

Knit and crochet projects:
The Damn Tablecloth
Felted Pink Hat
Tan Cable Sweater
Maroon Vintage Vest
Purple Cable Short Jacket
Purple Tank Sweater
(don't think there are more since they are all in cubes in the sewing room)

Quilts:
Jay's
Marc's
Paper Pieced Stars for a friend
Mom's
Brig's
Tee Shirt Quilt for a friend
Blue Irish Chain
30's Retro blocks
Civil War 4 patch
Christmas quilt
(and there may be more after I go through my boxes again....)

So, I will be updating here. Pray for finishes!

Shannon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the work you offer here and the idea that you share it, thank you Shannon