Thursday, June 28, 2007

Brotherly Secrets....

Well, this is one of many posts about Jay, and today about Marc. As I have told many people, you can find out the updates on Jay by coming to my blog and searching "Jay" in the search engine in the upper left hand corner.

Tomorrow will be 10 days that Jay has been gone... and really I did not expect to talk to him for a few weeks, but I have spoken to him on 2 different days!

On Sunday, while I was helping out at the shop (Fringe), which was just a one time thing, I was petrified that I would miss his call because I had my hands full, no pockets in which to put my phone so I left it open on the counter with the ringer cranked up! And he called! 1st thing he says is that he only has just 3 minutes and so we have to be brief. BRIEF?!?! I have not seen him for 5 days and have so much I still want to say, 3 minutes isn't even gonna scratch the surface. But we cover the following:
1. He has sent us letters but still does not have a return address and won't for another week, but promises to send it when he gets it. Which is good because I have been jotting down schtuff and adding daily to a letter that has grown to over 7 pages and am wondering if it will be a novel by the time I get that address?
2. He says not to come for family "day" bc it is really just 3 hours. But in my Mommy mind I am thinking "Don't tell me what to do, Mister. I will find the cheapest overnight flight and I will be there." So, we will see how that one turns out.
3. He is missing all of us and his life in general, but knows that this is just for 4 years and will be getting allot of great things from this, so he keeps going. Please, if you are a praying person, pray for his continued strength.

So, today I forget to my cell phone with me to a meeting thing, and guess who calls? Yup! Jay!! I have been tethered to my cell phone since he left, fearful that he would get one chance to call and I would miss it, and sure enough as soon as I do he does! Marc told me he had called and left him a message and I tried to call him back, no luck. Then I insisted on hearing the message (bc I just wanted to hear that he was okay) but Marc said "no" because it was private and too bad for me! UGHGHGH. For years these two have been fighting like a cat and dog and they pick NOW to have brotherly secrets! Darn near drove me crazy till I finally got a message from Jay. Luckily, he had his phone for the whole day, so he sent text messages while I was at camp and we talked at 6 and again just before he went to sleep, so I could croak out a lullaby (my voice is still bad...). No new news except that he had his phone because they are moving to the barracks and he had to take all personal things with them.

So that is it. I know he called allot of his friends today and even his Grandma (who was so happy to hear from him). So, this update may not be necessary, but will remind me to post them here when they happen.

Keep in touch and let me know if you need Jay's address once I have it, via e-mail I will send it to you.

Shannon

3 comments:

ashley rae said...

I can't read these blogs, they make me cry. I can always hear it in his voice how much he misses his life here and as he said "stupid things like my moms stuff on our kitchen table." Regardless of the past, you know how much your son means to me, along with your whole family and everyone is always in my prayers.

ShannonSN said...

Thanks, Ashley, we miss him too. And always think of howmuch fun we've had, you included. Get me your e-mail address when you get one. Keep in touch.

Shannon

Ashley Hernandez said...

i recieved my second letter today =] i hope you guys got yours too! but still no return address... i'm hoping with no mail service tomorrow maybe by tuesday? i also made a email address today... its ashleyrae20@hotmail.com!